- Best, Ernest. 1986. Disciples and Discipleship: Studies in the Gospel According to Mark. Edinburgh: T&T Clark.
- Black, C. Clifton. 1989. The Disciples According to Mark: Markan Redaction in Current Debate. Journal for the Study of the New Testament: Supplement Series 27. Sheffield: JSOT Press.
- Cassidy, Richard J. 2007. Four Times Peter: Portrayals of Peter in the Four Gospels and at Philippi. Collegeville: Liturgical Press.
- Clarke, Andrew D. 2009. “`Do not Judge who is Worthy and Unworthy’: Clement’s Warning not to Speculate about the Rich Young Man’s Response (Mark 10.17-31).” Journal for the Study of the New Testament 31: 447-68.
- Donahue, John R. 1983. The Theology and Setting of Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark. Milwaukee: Marquette University Press.
- Hanson, James. 1998. “The Disciples in Mark’s Gospel : Beyond the Pastoral/Polemical Debate.” Horizons in Biblical Theology 20: 128-55.
- Henderson, Suzanne Watts. 2006. Christology and Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark. Cambridge etc.: Cambridge University Press.
- Iverson, Kelly R. 2007. Gentiles in the Gospel of Mark: ‘Even the Dogs Eat the Children’s Crumbs’. Library of New Testament Studies 339. London: T & T Clark.
- Kingsbury, Jack Dean. 1989. Conflict in Mark: Jesus, Authorities, Disciples. Minneapolis: Fortress Press.
- Malbon, Elizabeth Struthers. 2000. In the Company of Jesus: Characters in Mark’s Gospel. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press.
- Tuckett, Christopher M. 2002. “The Disciples and the Messianic Secret in Mark.” In Fair Play: Diversity And Conflicts In Early Christianity. Essays in Honour of Heikki Räisänen 131-50. Ed. I. Dunderberg et al. NovTSup 103. Leiden etc.: E. J. Brill.