Lectures and classes for this course will be taught by Dr Cressida Ryan and Dr Richard Ounsworth in 2018-19.
- Greek as the perfect language and the New Testament as a perfect text? Translation and context.
- Letter to the Hebrews, an introduction; Christology
- Development of Greek 1.
- Letter to the Hebrews and the OT (language and content)
- Development of Greek 2.
- Letter to the Hebrews: faith
- Letter to the Hebrews, earthly and heavenly cult
- Reading Hebrews ethically, and latest thoughts
- Translation and comparison
- Language and exegesis
- Practical Criticism and forms of reading
- Hebrews: a thematic seminar