llustrate your answer with reference to at least one of his letters.
- Adams, Edward and David G. Horrell, eds. 2004. Christianity at Corinth: The Quest for the Pauline Church. Louisville/London: Westminster John Knox Press.
- Barnett, Paul W. 1993. “Opponents of Paul.” Dictionary of Paul and His Letters: 644-53.
- Chester, Stephen J. 2003. Conversion at Corinth: Perspectives on Conversion in Paul’s Theology and the Corinthian Church. Studies of the New Testament and its World. London/New York: T & T Clark.
- Cheung, Alex T. 1999. Idol Food in Corinth: Jewish background and Pauline legacy. Journal for the Study of the New Testament: Supplement Series 176. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press.
- Ciampa, Roy and Brian S. Rosner. 2006. “The Structure and Argument of 1 Corinthians: A Biblical/Jewish Approach.” New Testament Studies 52: 205-18.
- Coutsoumpos, Panayotis. 2006. Community, Conflict, and the Eucharist in Roman Corinth: The Social Setting of Paul’s Letter. Lanham: University Press of America.
- Finney, Mark T. 2011. Honour and Conflict in the Ancient World: 1 Corinthians in its Greco-Roman Social Setting. Library of New Testament studies 460. London: T & T Clark.
- Georgi, Dieter. 1986. The Opponents of Paul in Second Corinthians. Philadelphia: Fortress Press.
- Goulder, Michael D. 2001. Paul and the Competing Mission in Corinth. Library of Pauline Studies. Peabody: Hendrickson Publishers.
- Grant, Robert McQueen. 2001. Paul in the Roman World: The Conflict at Corinth. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press.
- Meeks, Wayne A. 1983. The First Urban Christians: The Social World of the Apostle Paul. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Mitchell, Margaret M. 2010. Paul, the Corinthians, and the birth of Christian hermeneutics. Cambridge/New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Murphy-O’Connor, Jerome. 2003. “1 and 2 Corinthians.” In The Cambridge Companion to St Paul 74-90. Ed. J. D. G. Dunn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Winter, Bruce W. 2001. After Paul left Corinth: The Influence of Secular Ethics and Social Change. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
- Witherington, Ben. 1995. Conflict and Community in Corinth: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians. Grand Rapids/Carlisle: Eerdmans/Paternoster.