- Barton, John. 1998. Holy Writings, Sacred Text: The Canon in Early Christianity. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press.
- Bauckham, Richard J. 1998. “2 Peter and the Apocalypse of Peter.” In The Fate of the Dead: Studies on the Jewish and Christian apocalypses, 290-303. NovTSup 93. Leiden: Brill.
- Bockmuehl, Markus. 2012. Simon Peter in Scripture and Memory: The New Testament Apostle in the Early Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic.
- Bokedal, Tomas. 2014. The Formation and Significance of the Christian Biblical Canon: A Study in Text, Ritual and Interpretation. London/New York: Bloomsbury T&T Clark.
- Chatelion Counet, P. 2006. “Pseudepigraphy and the Petrine school: Spirit and tradition in 1 and 2 Peter and Jude.” HTS Theological Studies 62: 403-24.
- Ehrman, Bart D. 2013. Forgery and Counterforgery: The Use of Literary Deceit in Early Christian Polemics. Oxford/New York: Oxford University Press.
- Farkasfalvy, Denis. 1986. “The ecclesial setting and pseudepigraphy in 2 Peter and its role in the formation of the canon.” Second Century 5: 3-29.
- Jenson, Robert W. 2010. Canon and Creed. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press.
- Kruger, Michael J. 2013. The Question of Canon: Challenging the Status Quo in the New Testament Debate. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press.
- Metzger, Bruce Manning. 1997. The Canon of the New Testament: Its Origin, Development, and Significance. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Nicklas, Tobias. 2014. “Christian Apocrypha and the Development of the Christian Canon.” Early Christianity 5: 220-40.
- Schröter, Jens. 2013. From Jesus to the New Testament: Early Christian Theology and the Origin of the New Testament Canon. Trans. W. Coppins. Baylor-Mohr Siebeck Studies in Early Christianity. Waco: Baylor University Press.
- Verheyden, Joseph. 2013. “The New Testament Canon.” In The New Cambridge History of the Bible: From the Beginnings to 600, 389-411. Ed. J. Carleton Paget and J. Schaper. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wall, Robert W. 2001. “The Canonical Function of 2 Peter.” Biblical Interpretation 9: 64-81.