Course Description. Past exam papers are available on Weblearn.
General reading suggestions and suggested Commentaries on Matthew and John
- Why, how and for whom was Matthew’s Gospel written? Include in your answer a brief account of the “Synoptic Problem”
- Is Matthew’s Christ a new David, Moses, Elijah or something greater altogether?
- What is the “Kingdom of Heaven”?
- Why, how and for whom was John’s Gospel written?
- In what sense, if any, is John’s Jesus God?
- Does John’s Jesus reject Judaism?
- Why does John’s Jesus die?
Gobbets from Matthew & John – ONE gobbets session is planned
Passages to be agreed from past exam papers. Click here for a guide to gobbets.