MPhil NT A2.1: To what extent should Acts of the Apostles be used as a source for the reconstruction of Paul’s life?
- Campbell, Douglas. 2014. Framing Paul: An Epistolary Biography. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
- Haacker, Klaus. 2006. “Paul’s Life” in The Cambridge Companion to St Paul. Cambridge University Press.
- Haenchen, Ernst. 1966. “The Book of Acts as Source Material for the History of Early Christianity” in Studies in Luke-Acts: Essays in Honor of Paul Schubert. Nashville: Abingdon.
- Hays, Richard B. 2012. “The Paulinism of Acts: Intertexually Reconsidered” in Paul and the Heritage of Israel. T&T Clark.
- Fredriksen, Paula. 2017. Paul: The Pagans’ Apostle. New Haven: Yale University Press (see especially the chapter on ‘Mission and Persecution’).
- Keener, Craig. 2012. Acts: An Exegetical Commentary I. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 222ff.
- Porter, Stanley E. 1999. The Paul of Acts: Essays in Literary Criticism, Rhetoric, and Theology. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck.
- Porter, Stanley E. 2011. “The Portrait of Paul in Acts,” Blackwell Companion to Paul. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons.
- Vielhauer, Philipp. 1966. “On the “Paulinism” of Acts” in Studies in Luke–Acts. ed. L. E. Keck and J. L. Martyn; Mifflintown, PA: Sigler, 33-50.