MPhil NT A2.5: Is the Epistle of James best understood as a reaction to Paulinism?
- Allison, Dale C. 2013. A critical and exegetical commentary on the epistle of James. ICC. New York: Bloomsbury.
- Bauckham, Richard. 1999. James: wisdom of James, disciple of Jesus the sage. London: Routledge.
- Johnson, Luke Timothy. 2004. Brother of Jesus, friend of God: studies in the letter of James. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
- Mitchell, Margaret. 2007. “The Letter of James as Document of Paulinism?” in Reading James with New Eyes. London: T & T Clark.
- Moyise, Steve. 2012. Later New Testament Writings and Scripture: The Old Testament in Acts, Hebrews, the Catholic Epistles and Revelation. Ada, MI: Baker Publishing Group.
- Nienhuis, David. 2007. Not By Paul Alone: The Formation of the Catholic Epistle Collection and the Christian Canon. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press.